Our sophisticated water management and treatment technologies allow us to carefully monitor and control every aspect of water quality within strict tolerances. Optimal water quality promotes faster growth rates with better yields, and the efficient use of natural resources.
The fish farm is located on 55 acres of woodland in Centre Burlington, Hants County, Nova Scotia close to the shore of the Avon Estuary. It is a land based facility utilizing proprietary water treatment technology to clean, recycle and regulate 500 metric tonnes of water each hour.
For more information on the efficient use of natural resources refer to our sustainability page.
A summary of the benefits associated with our facility:
- The system provides consistently clear blue water for the fish
- All organic waste is held on land
- All incoming water is sterilized so the fish lead a disease-free life
- No disease means the fish lead a drug-free life
- Water parameters are set to optimal values for each species
- These ideal conditions mean our fish use precious resources, including food, very efficiently